Recipe by Smiling in Texas
This recipe was modified to fit the taste of my family from another user.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugars and butter.
- Mix in eggs.
- Dissolve baking soda into hot water and put into mixture.
- Blend in vanilla and sour cream.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt mixing until smooth.
- Cover and chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to desired thickness.
- Use cookie cutters of your choice, and bake 10-12 minutes.
- OPTIONAL - Place dough onto wax paper and form into a log. Cut slices of dough from log and bake. (This would be similar to buying premade dough from the store).