Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The sour cream makes this cookie moist and rich. Chill the dough for 2 hours or more before rolling out.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 cups flour
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and extracts.
- Mix the baking soda into the sour cream and add to mixture.
- Sift last three ingredients together and add to mixture.
- Chill dough.
- Roll out and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
I love this recipe. How ever it doesn't make 36 cookies. It makes about 5 or so dozen depending on how thick you cut them out. Keep in mind that this recipe fluffs up in the oven really good. My kids liked them so much they ate them before I frosted them.
Made amazingly fluffy dough. I cut mine a little thick so they stayed that way and make almost a cookie/cake...lots of cookies too! i had almost 4 dozen thick cookies so it could have easily made 6 doz cookies of proper thickness
These are great! DH loves sugar cookies and these were no exception (the camo helicopters were for him). Nice soft, moist cookies. I like the combination of vanilla and almond extracts. This makes a ton! I didn't refrigerate the dough for 2 hours, it was more like 20 min. I probably would have had even better results if I wasn't so impatient. :)