Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Holiday Treats! Can them for gifts! Top Christmas cookies with them! Garnish a salad with them. Or just eat them as is yummy good. Decorate a cake or pumpkin pie with them. Ok you know what you better double the recipe!
- 709.77 ml pecan halves
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml cardamom
- 2.46 ml fresh grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter large cookies sheets.
- Heat in a saucepan melted butter, water and sugar till sugar is dissolved, add spices and pecans stirring till well coated about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to cookie sheet and bake until golden about 10 minutes.
- Cool store in airtight containers.
Food.com will not let me rate this recipe so I want you to know I give this a 5 rating. I've tried several other candied pecan recipes on this site but they just "didn't do it for me". That is until I tried this recipe. Very Good! Too bad you can't eat just one. I thought I would line the pan with wax paper to make for an easy clean up, bad idea. I had a hard time getting the nuts off the wax paper and a hard time getting the wax paper off the pan but once I accomplished that the pan was easy to clean up. LOL
I didn't have cardamom on hand, so I replaced it with cayenne. Sweet & spicy - YUM!!!!!! (and I used non stick foil sprayed w butter flavored Pam. It worked perfectly)