Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Grilled hot link and sweet sauteed onions smothered with hot mustard on a buttered, grilled roll .
Make and share this Sublime Hot Link Grilled Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 6 fresh French rolls (I used these wonderful rolls I got from my local Mexican market. Other white rolls would be great to)
- 6 links hot sausage, Louisiana
- 1⁄3 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons hot English mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat skillet on medium.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and place split roll face down in pan.
- Allow roll to grill until desired level of golden-brown crispiness is reached. Remove roll from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and onions to pan. Salt onions. Saute onions until soft and caramelized. Remove onions.
- Split sausage lengthwise and place face down on pan. Grill until desired level of doneness is reached (I like mine heavily blackened and crispy) Flip sausage and cook other side.
- Place onions and sausage on grilled rolls. Smear hot mustard on sausage. Serve and enjoy!