Recipe by steve in FL
Includes beef, wine and parmesan. I can't believe it wasn't already amongst the almost-300 shells recipes on here - it was on a box of shell noodles sometime back in the 80's.. seriously delicious..
- 1 lb large shell pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil the pasta shells according to package directions; drain.
- Cook the beef with the celery, onion and garlic until browned; drain fat.
- Add the wine and cook over medium high heat until the wine has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread about 1/2 cup tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Stuff each shell with the meat mixture and lay side by side in the pan. Top with spaghetti sauce and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.