Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another recipe from Aylmer's, a Canadian company. I notice that a lot of American canned tomatoes are 14 ounces - that works just fine for this. These stuffed peppers are terrific with the orzo and feta! Enjoy!
- 4 bell peppers (green, yellow, orange or red)
- 1 cup cooked orzo pasta
- 8 ounces lean ground beef, sauteed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 ounces feta cheese (you can use the seasoned kind if you want to)
- 1 (18 ounce) can aylmer accents original tomatoes (540 mL)
- Cut tops off of bell peppers, hollow out and set aside. Cook orzo, drain and set aside to cool.
- Brown ground beef and remove fat. Add frozen peas, crumbled feta cheese, orzo and 1/2 can Aylmer Accents Original tomatoes.
- Stuff peppers with orzo mixture.
- Pour the balance of Aylmer Accents Original tomatoes into a deep casserole dish. Place stuffed peppers upright on tomatoes, then cover and bake at 400ºF for 30-35 minutes.