Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy and wholesome. My boyfriend and I came up with it tonight for dinner and we both really liked it.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 large green peppers
- 2 small onions
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (we used Chunky Mushroom Ragu)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take ground lamb and add onions, soup mix , bread crumbs and egg and fold in together.
- Wash and core peppers. Cut them into halves down the middle.
- Pack the lamb meat into the pepper halves firmly.
- Bake the peppers uncovered in a glass dish for 30 mins or until meat is browned.
- Remove peppers from oven and spoon tomato sauce over peppers.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Take peppers out.
- Raise oven temp to broil.
- Cover peppers over with cheese and bake until cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.