Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These have a delicious cheese filling that is flavored with fresh herbs. Great for parties and other events.
- 3⁄4 lb large, fresh mushroom
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel.
- Remove stems and discard or save for stock.
- Combine all remaining ingredients together in a small bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Fill the underside of the mushroom caps evenly with the cheese mixture (you may use a piping bag with a large tip).
- Place mushrooms on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes.
These are delicious. I had 4 large portabello mushrooms, was alone for dinner and searched till I found a recipe that sounded just what I felt like to eat. The Worcestershire sauce gives these mushrooms that tasty little zing and works well with the herbs. I ate the lot! I'll be making these again. Thanks Sue.
these were nice mushrooms, though i wouldn't exactly rave over them. i found them to be a bit too dry, next time maybe i will drizzle with some butter or olive oil, and go slightly easier on the herbs, if at all i make it again.
Deeeeeeeeee-licious. I had a craving for stuffed mushrooms and searched and searched until I found one that sounded like what I wanted. This one was perfect. I had to substitute the fresh herbs with 1/3 quanity dried and omitted the parsely altogether. They still had excellent flavor and a wonderful creamy cheesy filling. I cooked in my toaster oven at 350 for 20 minutes, which worked perfectly. Great quick snack for me, but a great party hor'dourve too!