Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Kids just love this dish. Can be made the day before.
- 1⁄2 package jumbo pasta shells, they look like sea shells
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups your favorite spaghetti sauce or 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta, rinse and set aside Heat Oven to 350 degrees In a large skillet, brown meats and onion, breaking meat into small pieces; drain In a large bowl, stir together meat, eggs, bread crumbs, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, onion, mushrooms, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Fill each shell with about 2 Tbl of meat filling.
- Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of oven proof pan.
- Place a single layer of shells on top of spaghetti sauce.
- Cover shells with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 to 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Uncover for the last 15 minutes.