Tuna Salad Jumbo Shells
Taste of Home. A different slant on regular tuna salad. Great for lunch.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 10 jumbo pasta shells
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- lettuce leaf
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and sugar.
- Stir in the tuna, celery, onions, green pepper, carrot and parsley.
- Spoon into pasta shells; cover and refrigerate.
- Dressing: Combine sour cream, sugar, vinegar, mayonnaise, celery seed, and onion powder.
- Arrange lettuce leaves and shells on individual plates; drizzle with dressing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this for lunch today and it was soooo good. The filling and sauce had the best flavor. My husband and I spent spent a couple of hours outside doing yard work and we had worked up a sweat and an appetite. This tasted so good to me icy cold out of the refrigerator. Served atop a bed of leafy lettuce leaves. Thanks for another great one.
dear NurseDI I formed a cooking club and i took this recipe along yesterday and i dressed the platter with bib lettace and set a smaller platter in the center surrounded with grape tomatoes avacados and black olives. very nice presentation and very impressive. OH !! by the way your recipe was the hit of the party. Keep it up.......rosamaria