Recipe by Kymy
Yummy stuffed green peppers with extra rice stuffing on the side. Great simple dish that is easy to make, and easy to freeze. For meat & cheese lovers you can easily double the ground beef and cheddar.
- 8 green bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 29 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 cups instant cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off the tops of the peppers and remove the core and seeds. Remove the stem from the tops -- dice up the tops; set aside.
- Boil the green peppers completely submerged for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Fry ground beef until done -- add diced green peppers and cook until the darken; then drain any grease.
- Add tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce & water, turn stove to low and let simmer for a minimum of 20 minutes. Simmering longer won't hurt it!
- Turn off heat and add instant white rice and stir til all rice is saturated. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and slowly stir in cheddar (I often add extra cheese).
- In a pan or casserole dish stuff the pre-cooked peppers. Put extra rice stuffing in the pan next to the stuffed peppers.
- For 1/2 the servings simply freeze the other half. If you are making this for OAMC then you freeze it at this point.
- Bake in oven at 350°F for 20 minutes then serve! To heat frozen meal simply heat at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through out.