Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is part of a balanced breakfast. Not real high in fat either.
- 2 cups mixed berries (strawberries,raspberries,blueberries and or or blackberries)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup nestle' carnation fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 slices about 3/4-inch thick French bread
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- powdered sugar (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
- Combine berries and sugar in small bowl.
- Combine ricotta cheese and strawberry preserves in another small bowl; mix well.
- Combine the eggs,milk,brown sugar and vanilla in pie plate or shallow bowl; mix well.
- Spread ricotta preserve mixture evenly over 6 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread to form sandwich.
- Heat a small amount of oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture;coat both sides. Cook each side about 2 minutes till golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with berries and maple syrup.