Stuffed Pecan Pie French Toast
I have many versions of French Toast, but I have to say this is one of my favorites. So easy to make and tastes great. The pecans give it a nice crunch and the bread stays moist. It's like eating pecan pie for breakfast. Yummy! Easy to double for more hearty eaters...
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 loaf pepperidge farm cinnamon-swirl bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- HEAT butter and brown sugar to a boil in small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in pecans. Set aside.
- GREASE a baking sheet with butter. Place the bread slices on the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minute Or until lightly toasted. Remove from sheet and set aside.
- BEAT milk, eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla in medium bowl. Dip 8 slices toast into the batter and place on baking sheet. Spread a heaping tablespoons Of the pecan mixture onto each. Dip remaining slices toast into batter and place over nut filling to form a sandwich.
- BAKE for 20 minute Or until hot. Sift confectioners' sugar over toast. Serve immediately.