Recipe by Girly_Girl_Lori
This is an amazing dish to serve for breakfast or brunch for young and old alike! Using the evaporated milk really makes a nice french toast! This recipe comes from the very best baking websight.
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk (not condensed)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine or oil for cooking)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine berries and sugar in a small bowl.
- Combine ricotta cheese and preserves in another bowl. Mix well.
- Combine eggs,evaporated milk, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a shallow bowl,.
- Spread ricotta mixture over 6 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- Heat small amount of butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip sandwhiches in egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powedered sugar. Top with berries. Serve with maple surup.