Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cream cheese mixture inside french toast.
- 8 pieces white bread, any type
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese (sub reduced fat if desired)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Soften cream cheese, combine with powdered sugar, set aside.
- Toast bread until golden brown, cool. Spread cream cheese over 1 slice of toast, and cover with a second slice of toast, sandwich style.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Beat eggs, vanilla, and water until well blended. Spray heated pan with cooking spray. Dip sandwich into egg mixture coating all sides, allow to drip for a few seconds and put in hot pan. Cook for about 3-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Repeat for each sandwich, using cooking spray before cooking each one. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. I like to serve with heated jam or jelly, or just pancake syrup. Enjoy!
Pretty good! My family enjoyed a change from traditional french toast. Thanks for posting
FIVE STARS!! This is really good and my family LOVES it. Simple and easy to make. 4 eggs was too much for me, but I guess it depends on what bread you use.
This is a great, inspirational recipe. I added 2 T. strawberry jam and 1/2 tsp. almond extract to the cream cheese mixture. I then cooked the stuffed French toast on a waffle iron! Very yummy! Thanks for the inspiraton!