Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a delicious way of preparing ham for a very special dinner. We always have it at Easter but it would be great for any special occasion, and I can assure you well worth the effort!
- 2 lbs good quality bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 unpeeled apple, diced
- 3 cups soft bread cubes
- 1⁄2 cup mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 6 -7 lbs fully cooked boneless ham
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Chutney Baked Pears
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 ripe pears, peeled,halved and cored
- 1 cup chutney
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a skillet, brown and crumble the sausage.
- Drain well and add celery, onion and apple; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until celery is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in crumbs, mincemeat, parsley and thyme.
- Mix well.
- On top of ham, cut two full length wedges out, about 1 inch wide and 3/4 inch deep, 3 inches apart.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup stuffing into each wedge.
- Place remaining stuffing in a greased 1 1/2 cup casserole dish, cover and place in fridge.
- Place ham in a roasting tin and cover loosely with a foil tent.
- Bake at 325*F for 2 1/4 hours.
- In a saucepan, heat jelly and mustard until jelly melts.
- Brush some over ham; return ham to oven, uncovered for 30 minutes longer, brushing occasionally with jelly mixture.
- Place covered dish of stuffing in the oven at this time as well.
- For pears, mix water and lemon juice.
- Dip pear halves in this and drain.
- Place with cut sides up in a greased baking pan.
- Mix chutney and apple juice; pour over pears.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Remove ham from oven; covr with foil and let stand 30 minutes before slicing.
- While continuing to bake stuffing, bake pears, uncovered for 30 minutes basting occasionally.
- Serve the ham sliced, accompanied with the pears.
BRILLANTLY fantastic too!
LOVE the combination of flavours too!
WOW WOW WOW!!! Added to the excitement of my dinner party night!
This recipe REALLY IS a delight!
I just realized I had forgotten to review this recipe. I made this ham for Easter and I have to say it was the best ham I have ever made. The stuffing was delicious and went perfectly with the ham, and the pears were the perfect accompaniment. Everyone was really thrilled with their dinners and this ham was the highlight. This recipe was worth far more than 5 stars, I'd give it a 10 plus if I could!