Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Came accros this recipe on Riverford Organic Vegetable Box website - whilst looking for new ways to cook with goats cheese. This is a easy and very tasty recipe and makes a change to stuffing peppers with the usual rice or cous cous. It is low fat and very filling good hot or cold.
- 225 g split red lentils
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 red peppers
- 2 onions, peeled
- 175 g celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 170 g fresh soft goat's cheese
- basil sprig, to garnish
- Cook the lentils in boiling water for 12 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, halve the pepper length wise and remove the core and seeds. Grill the pepper halves for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the skin is browned and the flesh softened.
- Finely chop the onions, garlic and celery. Add olive oil in to the saucepan and sauté the onions, garlic and celery for 2 minutes. Stir in the cooked lentils. Add goat’s cheese stir until melted.
- Spoon the filling evenly in to the pepper halves. Grill under moderate heat for 2 minutes until the filling is golden.
- Garnish with basil sprigs and serve hot, with a tomato and onion salad.
used dill in it and green bell pepper. tasty.