1/2 Photos of Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 10 mins
Posted on request by Di Neal. Nice presentation and pretty easy too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine rice and water in a small saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205C) Cut tops off peppers, seed insides, and arrange peppers in a large baking dish.
- 4Chop usable portion of the tops.
- 5Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Brown ground beef in skillet.
- 7Stir in chopped peppers and onions in oil until soft.
- 8Add parsley.
- 9Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- 10Mix in cooked rice and 1 1/5 cups tomato sauce.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Spoon the mixture into the peppers, and top each with remaining tomato sauce.
- 13Cover, and bake about 45 minutes.
- 14Uncover, top each pepper with mozzarella cheese, and bake until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.8
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.9 mg
- Sodium 866.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 21.4 g