Recipe by Chef Wayne in Parker, Colorado
A little comfort food from Colorado. A great recipe. Try it you will like it.
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 6 green bell peppers
- 1 medium white onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 14.79 ml parsley, dried
- 14.79 ml oregano, dried
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning, dried
- 236.59 ml cooked rice
- 3 eggs
- 20 saltine crackers, crushed
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 (1474.17 g) jar spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice per instuction on box. Let cool.
- Prepare bell peppers by cutting the top off. Remove seeds and discard.
- Combine all ingredients. Mix well in a large bowl. Use only 2 1/2 cups of spaghetti sauce.
- Fill each bell pepper.
- If you have any left over mixture, roll into meat balls and place into a large glass pan or roaster. Add each bell pepper open side up.
- Cover and cook in a 350 deg. oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove cover check doneness and pour remaining spaghetti sauce on bell peppers and meat balls. Place back in oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minute before serving.