Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Stuffed schnitzel. Easy and yummy!
- 3 slices bread (crumbed)
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, halves
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- 2 slices prosciutto, chopped (or bacon)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 600 g beef, schintzel
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 400 g tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180°C Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Lay schnitzel on a board and place about 1/4 cup mixture on each one, roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a fry pan and brown schnitzel parcels, transfer to a caserole dish.
- Add remaining oil to pan and cook onion and garlic until soft. Stir in flour, tomatoes and juice, vinegar and seasoning. Bring to boil and pour over schnitzel. Cook in oven for 40 minutes.