Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 8 pieces square bean curd (The one with a hard outer skin)
- 200 g finely minced pork
- 1⁄2 cup canned shiitake mushrooms or 1⁄2 cup canned dried Chinese mushrooms, diced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cooking wine or 1⁄2 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon msg or 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water, mix with corn flour
- coriander leaves, chopped
- For the filling -------------------.
- Add 1 to the minced pork and mix until completely blended and smooth.
- Add in the mushrooms, sweet onions and corn flour and mix well.
- For the beancurds --------------.
- Pat beancurd dry.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Place in the beancurds for deep-frying.
- Remove and drain when skin turns golden.
- Allow beancurd to cool slightly.
- Laterally cut the beancurd to make a slit on the side about more than half its length.
- (Do not slice through) Scoop out the beancurd to form a pocket and fill it with the meat filling.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a big saucepan.
- Stir-fry the sweet onion slices until fragrant.
- Add 2 and the beancurds.
- Cover the saucepan and cook over low heat until liquid is reduced to 3/4 cup (about 5-6 mins).
- Add mixture 3 to thicken the gravy.
- Stir well.
- Add the corriander leaves.
- Stir for a while then remove to serve.