Hunan Bean Curd in Hot Meat Sauce
photo by Alison R.
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 cups fresh firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup coarse ground pork
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon szechuan hot bean sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce or 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper oil or 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 dash salt, to taste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water
- black pepper
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Marinate the pork in a mixture of the white wine and 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch for a few minutes.
- Then fry in a hot wok containing the vegetable oil.
- Cook for just a moment, and then add the bean curd cubes.
- Add the hot bean sauce, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, peas, and hot pepper oil or cayenne.
- Stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and optional salt, and stir over high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Thicken the sauce with the cornstarch mixture.
- Garnish with the black pepper, scallions, and sesame oil.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!