Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is a staple at Russian Christmas
Make and share this Stroganoff (Stroganov) recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onions & mushrooms, drain.
- Sear meat separately (leave meat medium rare), drain.
- Mix 6 Tablespoons of Colman's powdered mustard with 6 Tablespoons of sugar & 2+/- Tablespoons of boiling water (just enough to make a very thick paste). Let it sit for 15 min or so, allowing it to heat up.
- Combine the meat, vegetables, and sour cream until well mixed.
- Tablespoon by tablespoon, add the mustard mixture until you reach the heat level you want.
- Put in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve with french fries or shoestring potatoes.