Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Juicy red berries, a crisp phyllo shell and a creamy filling make an irresistible combination of textures, tastes and colors.
- Cut each sheet of phyllo in half lengthwise to make two 17 x 6 inch sheets.
- Lay one piece on work surface, keeping remainder covered with plastic wrap and damp towel. Brush lightly with butter; top with another piece so edges are not perfectly aligned and all eight corners are visible. Repeat with remaining phyllo.
- Gently fit into 14 x 4 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Turn edges under and ruffle, allowing some to hang over edge. Line with foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake in center of 375°F oven for 10 minutes; remove weights and foil. Prick shell all over with fork; bake for 5 minutes or until golden. Let cool on rack. Remove from pan and place on serving platter.
- In bowl over saucepan of hot not boiling water, melt chocolate, stirring occasionally. Spread about two thirds over crust.
- Slice 1 cup of the strawberries; arrange over chocolate. Beat together mascarpone, 18% cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over strawberries. Halve remaining strawberries; arrange cut side down, over filling. Drizzle with remaining chocolate. Makes 8 servings.
- Chocolate Canadian Living’s Best.