White Chocolate Raspberry Tart
Words can't describe...beautiful, creamy and delicious! Make this only when raspberries are in season and you'll be sure to impress your guests...if you don't keep it for yourself!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 lb white chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 (9 inch) prebaked sweet pastry shells (23-cm)
- 1⁄2 cup shaved dark chocolate (optional)
- Bring cream to boil in large pot over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Stir in mascarpone cheese until mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Pack raspberries in a tight layer over base of your favourite tart shell (but don't smush them!). Pour over chocolate mixture covering berries evenly. Some rapsberries may poke out.
- Shave dark chocolate over tart if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I had high expectations for this and was not disappointed! Tastes like a gourmet cream pie. I made two changes, I used a shortbread crust which went beautifully, and I substituted cream cheese for the mascarpone. I'm not sure how much of a difference this makes, but the tart was creamy and had a nice flavour! I used only about one cup of raspberries, fortunately, or my filling would not have fit. If you need to chill it quickly, put it in the freezer for a bit. My guests were impressed! Thanks Lovesweets!