Recipe by BecR
This bread is delicious served at room temperature with cream cheese. Recipe makes two loaves and freezes well, so you can eat one and save one for later. Note: You can sub a 16 ounce bag of frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed, for the fresh strawberries.
Top Review by Delenn
I made this last night. I needed another 10 minutes of cooking time. I then waited 10 minutes and tried to take one loaf out of the pan. It fell apart and was completely destroyed. The second loaf I covered up and let cool completely. This morning I took the loaf out and it was beautiful and tasty.
This is a keeper.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, melted
- 2 pints strawberries, coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar, mixing well; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, butter, strawberries and pecans; add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 5-by-9-inch loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour. Cool in pans before turning out.
- Serve at room temperature with cream cheese.