Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Eating my spinach has never tasted so good! This salad can be prepared ahead of time and combined just before serving.
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- To toast sesame seeds:
- Spread seeds in one layer in a small baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, shaking pan twice while toasting.
- For salad:.
- Wash spinach and refrigerate.
- Mix the oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, salt and pepper in a bowl or covered pourable container. Keep refrigerated.
- When ready to serve:.
- Tear up the spinach and place in serving bowl.
- Coat wtih sauce and sesame seeds.
- Slice strawberries and toss with the spinach.
- Leftovers will only keep refrigerated for a day or two.
When I make this salad I add some red onion cut thinly and some poppyseeds to the dressing and I use cider vinegar. Sometimes I add avocado, goat cheese and candied pecans. I could eat this salad every day of my life!