Recipe by PiceSeasGirl
This is the recipe that got me to love spinach. There are 3 different versions of the salad dressings, so pick the one that suits you the best or with the ingredients you have on hand.
- 8 cups spinach leaves, Fresh
- 2 cups strawberries, Sliced
- 1⁄2 lb brie cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 granny smith apples, pared cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick (Granny Smith Apples or any tart apple)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (optional)
- 1 pinch lemon pepper (optional)
Dressing Option 1
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup lighthouse wild huckleberry salad dressing (Lighthouse)
Dressing Option 2
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Dressing Option 3
- 3 tablespoons apple juice or 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, Minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Candied Almonds (use 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange apple slices on baking sheet and brush with maple syrup.
- Broil until golden.
- Place spinach, strawberries, Brie, and apples into a large bowl.
- Toss with one of the dressing options below.
- Sprinkle almonds on top.
- If using chicken, season with lemon pepper and sauté or broil.
- For last 5 minutes of cooking brush chicken with maple syrup.
- Cool chicken and cut into small cubes.
- Sprinkle chicken on top of salad with almonds.
- Dressing Option 1: Add 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup to Lighthouse Wild Huckleberry dressing. Shake to blend (note: This is the one I have tried and it was really good).
- Dressing Option 2: Whisk together 1 minced garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoons Honey Dijon Mustard, 2 tablespoons Raspberry vinegar, 1 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoons Brown Sugar, 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil.
- Dressing Option 3: Whisk together 3 tablespoons Apple Juice or Apple Cider, 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard, 1 Clove of minced garlic, 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil, Salt and pepper to taste. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small saucepan and heat to simmering. Pour over salad and top with almonds and chicken.
- Candied Almonds: Place 1/4 Cup of sugar in a frying pan and heat on medium just until sugar begins to melt. Stir in 2 Cups of Slivered or Halved Almonds. Keep stirring until almonds are glazed and light brown. Cool.