Recipe by 1029111
Soft, almost cake-like strawberry scones with a touch of lemon cream cheese frosting. My husband says these are the best scones he has ever eaten! I found a recipe online, but modified it to the ingedients I had on hand and thought might taste the best.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped strawberry
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (or yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine and mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in bowl.
- Use a pastry blender or fork to cut cold butter into flour mixture until well combined and it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Gently mix in sour cream (or yogurt, flavored or plain) and chopped strawberries until combined.
- Knead slightly on work surface if needed.
- Divide dough in half and shape into two balls. Flatten ball and cut into four sections making triangles.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 18-22 minutes until scones are brown and don't give too much when touched.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- While cooling, cream together softened butter, cream cheese, and confectioners sugar. Add lemon juice to make a soft but still firm frosting.
- Use the corner of a zip top bag to make a pastry bag, cutting off a very tiny piece of the corner to "pipe" frosting onto cooled scones.