1/2 Photos of Strawberry Sour Cream Scones
Soft, almost cake-like strawberry scones with a touch of lemon cream cheese frosting. My husband says these are the best scones he has ever eaten! I found a recipe online, but modified it to the ingedients I had on hand and thought might taste the best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Combine and mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in bowl.
- 3Use a pastry blender or fork to cut cold butter into flour mixture until well combined and it looks like coarse crumbs.
- 4Gently mix in sour cream (or yogurt, flavored or plain) and chopped strawberries until combined.
- 5Knead slightly on work surface if needed.
- 6Divide dough in half and shape into two balls. Flatten ball and cut into four sections making triangles.
- 7Place on prepared baking sheet.
- 8Bake 18-22 minutes until scones are brown and don't give too much when touched.
- 9Let cool on wire rack.
- 10While cooling, cream together softened butter, cream cheese, and confectioners sugar. Add lemon juice to make a soft but still firm frosting.
- 11Use the corner of a zip top bag to make a pastry bag, cutting off a very tiny piece of the corner to "pipe" frosting onto cooled scones.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Sour Cream Scones
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 523.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g