1/2 Photos of Strawberry Sour Cream Scones
Soft, almost cake-like strawberry scones with a touch of lemon cream cheese frosting. My husband says these are the best scones he has ever eaten! I found a recipe online, but modified it to the ingedients I had on hand and thought might taste the best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Combine and mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in bowl.
- 3Use a pastry blender or fork to cut cold butter into flour mixture until well combined and it looks like coarse crumbs.
- 4Gently mix in sour cream (or yogurt, flavored or plain) and chopped strawberries until combined.
- 5Knead slightly on work surface if needed.
- 6Divide dough in half and shape into two balls. Flatten ball and cut into four sections making triangles.
- 7Place on prepared baking sheet.
- 8Bake 18-22 minutes until scones are brown and don't give too much when touched.
- 9Let cool on wire rack.
- 10While cooling, cream together softened butter, cream cheese, and confectioners sugar. Add lemon juice to make a soft but still firm frosting.
- 11Use the corner of a zip top bag to make a pastry bag, cutting off a very tiny piece of the corner to "pipe" frosting onto cooled scones.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Sour Cream Scones
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 523.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g