Soft, almost cake-like strawberry scones with a touch of lemon cream cheese frosting. My husband says these are the best scones he has ever eaten! I found a recipe online, but modified it to the ingedients I had on hand and thought might taste the best.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine and mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in bowl.
- Use a pastry blender or fork to cut cold butter into flour mixture until well combined and it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Gently mix in sour cream (or yogurt, flavored or plain) and chopped strawberries until combined.
- Knead slightly on work surface if needed.
- Divide dough in half and shape into two balls. Flatten ball and cut into four sections making triangles.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 18-22 minutes until scones are brown and don't give too much when touched.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- While cooling, cream together softened butter, cream cheese, and confectioners sugar. Add lemon juice to make a soft but still firm frosting.
- Use the corner of a zip top bag to make a pastry bag, cutting off a very tiny piece of the corner to "pipe" frosting onto cooled scones.
Very delicious! My husband wont share :(
I believe my BF will definetly agree with your husband! These were fun and easy to make! I used strawberry yogurt with it and everyone loved them. And for a touch of fun I used red food coloring in the frosting. They are so pretty. Thanks for a keeper! I can't wait to try it with Rasberrys.