Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
You could use this as a salad or dessert.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups pretzels, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1 (6 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries or 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh strawberries
- First Layer:.
- Mix together butter and pretzels and press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake at 375 to 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Second Layer:.
- Beat to cream cheese and sugar until smooth then mix in Cool Whip.
- Spread over cooled crust and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Third Layer:.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water and add sliced berries.
- When it starts to thicken pour over cream cheese layer and refrigerate until firm.
- (If you use the fresh berries, refrigerate until just set.).
- Garnish with a dollop of whipping cream and fresh strawberries before serving.
Wow! This was really a great salad. I was so curious about pairing pretzels with jello that I just had to try this. I'm so glad I did. Thanks so much for posting!
We love this, too....try it with raspberry jello and frozen raspberries!!!! Kathy C
i make this alot.i just love it