Low Calorie Strawberry "pretzel" Salad
photo by MsSally
- Ready In:
- 1 cup Fiber One cereal
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt, to taste
Cream cheese layer
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute (to taste)
- 2 cups Cool Whip Free
Fruity Jello Topping
- 1 (6 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups very hot water
- 2 cups strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- Combine crust ingredients and pat in the bottom of a 9x13" pan. Add a little more water if necessary. Bake 8 minutes in preheated 375 oven. Let cool completely.
- Combine splenda and cream cheese in medium bowl for 3 minutes over low speed. Mixture will be thick. Gradually add Cool Whip, do not over beat. Pour over cooled pretzel crust. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Combine Jello and hot water in medium bowl. Gradually add berries, stirring a few minutes until mixture has slightly cooled. Carefully pour over cream cheese mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this for a neighbor & her visiting grandkids, & since I just knew the inquiring ones would ask about the 'pretzel' part, when making the crust, I crushed a couple of pretzels along with the cereal! Strawberries aren't that flavorful around here this time of year, so I used raspberries! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I got married to my high school sweetheart in August 06 at the ripe old age of 21, and my husband Luke and I just moved to Birmingham, AL from Auburn. He's in his second year of dental school at UAB. I have a BFA in Graphic Design, and I'm a designer at Time Inc and doing freelance design work on the side. I'm planning to go to grad school for a Master's of Fine Arts in Book Arts some time or another. I had deferred because I think the timing will be better once Luke gets out of school and perhaps I might not need to commute the hour over there. Getting married and getting HALF of a refrigerator instead of sharing one with seven other girls really ignited a cooking fire in me! Lately I've been trying to cut out the sugar, which is hard, because Luke likes sugary pancakes and cereal, and because I like baking things. I need to quit baking! Trying to lose the newlywed nine so I can fit into my winter clothes.