Strawberry Pretzel Salad
photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
1 9x13-inch glass pan
- 2 2⁄3 cups crisp pretzels, nearly pulverized
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar or 1 1/4 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix pretzels, 1/4 cup of sugar or splenda, and melted butter.
- Spread into a 9x13-inch glass pan and bake for 10 minutes. Cool thoroughly.
- Whip soften cream cheese with Cool Whip. Add in 1 cup of sugar or splenda and whip thoroughly. Spread on top of pretzels. (It is important to make an "air tight" seal over the pretzels with the cream cheese mixture. Make sure it goes all the way to the sides of the glass pan.).
- Place sliced strawberries on top and chill for an hour.
- While salad is chilling, add boiling water to Jell-O and stir. Let sit until at room temperature and then pour GENTLY over cream cheese/strawberry layer. Stick salad into fridge (covered) until Jell-O is firm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.