Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Revised! This is my sister-in-law, Rachel's recipe, she said this is her favorite! My mom made a similar version growing up, but with raspberries. I found a different version of this with less sugar in the crust so am updating accordingly.
- 2 cups pretzel crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (9 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (16 ounce) frozen strawberries, thawed
- Mix pretzels, sugar, and butter together and press into a 9X13 pan. Bake for 5-10 min at 350, let cool.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar, then fold in Cool Whip. Pour over pretzel crust.
- Dissolve Jello into 2 cups of boiling water. Add frozen strawberries. Let stand until cool enough to spread over filling.
- Refridgerate to set, and top with Cool Whip if desired.
We loved a version of this dessert when we were in college. I followed the recipe exactly but our whole extended family agreed that this has way too much sugar in the crust and not enough pretzel. Also, if you like a more crisp pretzel crust you may want to consider tweaking this recipe or looking for another. We did think that the filling and topping had good flavor. I will either try a different recipe or rework this one for next time.
This is one of my favorite desserts when made with fresh raspberries! I have also made it using strawberries and bananas with strawberry-banana jello.
Have been wanting to make a Strawberry Pretzel Dessert for a long time now and we were having our annual beginning of school pot luck so I thought this would be the time to do it. It turned out wonderful and I had tons of compliments on it. Many wanted the recipe. Thanks Baking Bunny, I'm sure I will make this again.