Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in Pillsbury classic cookbooks Best ever Holiday desserts Nov 2003. Sounds very YUMMY! Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 2 cups crushed pretzel sticks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients; mix well.
- Press in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in same large bowl, combine condensed milk and water; blend well. Add pudding mix; beat 2 minutes with electric mixer at medium speed. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Fold whipped topping into thickened pudding mixture. Spread over cooled baked crust. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until filling is firm.
- Spoon strawberry pie filling over filling. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until serving time. If desired, garnish individual servings with chocolate dipped tree-shaped pretzels.
- Store in refrigerator.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written except I used sugar free pudding, sugar free whipped topping and splenda instead of sugar. The whole family enjoyed this.
This is really good. Although I had to make mine a cherry pretzel delight :( The store was out of strawberry filling. I used SFFF pudding and FF sweetened milk and Coolwhip free. Very rich, even witht the low fat subs. Great easy dessert.