Eat n' Park is a popular local restaurant chain in my hometown of Pittsburgh, PA. They are rightfully famous for their salad bar and scrumptious baked goods. These strawberry creme muffins are (almost!) like the ones served at their breakfast buffet. This recipe originally appeared in the Kitchen Mailbox column of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, June 21, 2007.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and 1 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Do not overmix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture and cream alternately to the butter mixture. End with the flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and then fold in strawberries.
- Fill greased muffin tins (2 3/4 inches wide by 1 1/8 inches deep) 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until tester dipped in center comes out clean.
- Cool and serve!
30 minutes is too long to bake - 20-25 is more than enough. A quick and very easy way to dispose of strawberries that aren't worthy of eating by themselves. Tastes just like Eat n Park.
I had some strawberries that needed using up, so decided on muffins. These are very easy to assemble and have a nice crumb. :)
Thank you, thank you, from one Shannon to another! We just moved east from Pittsburgh, and my son is obsessed with these muffins. You have made one happy little man and I haven't even made them yet! (Giving the rating based simply on my happiness at finding the recipe!)