Recipe by Shannon Cooks
Eat n' Park is a popular local restaurant chain in my hometown of Pittsburgh, PA. They are rightfully famous for their salad bar and scrumptious baked goods. These strawberry creme muffins are (almost!) like the ones served at their breakfast buffet. This recipe originally appeared in the Kitchen Mailbox column of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, June 21, 2007.
Top Review by Kris4270
30 minutes is too long to bake - 20-25 is more than enough. A quick and very easy way to dispose of strawberries that aren't worthy of eating by themselves. Tastes just like Eat n Park.
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, plus more
- sugar, for sprinkling
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 18 -20 strawberries, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and 1 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Do not overmix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture and cream alternately to the butter mixture. End with the flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and then fold in strawberries.
- Fill greased muffin tins (2 3/4 inches wide by 1 1/8 inches deep) 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until tester dipped in center comes out clean.
- Cool and serve!