Sugar Cookie Icing
This recipe is quick, easy, dries hard and shiny and tastes good too. I originally got if from Allrecipes.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- food coloring
- Stir the powdered sugar and the milk until smooth.
- Beat in corn syrup and vanilla until icing is smooth and glossy.
- If it's too thick, add more corn syrup.
- Divide icing into separate bowls and stir in food coloring as desired.
- You can dip the cookies, paint them with a paint brush or spread them using a knife or the back of a spoon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
How long will this icing recipe stay good when refrigerated? I have all of my icing ready to go in bags in the fridge and the cookies are baked waiting to be iced. One tiny problem - I made the icing 5-6 days ago and it has a funny smell. Not a bad smell, just a smell that “makes you go hmmm...” Since it has milk in it will it go bad? Thank you!!Reply
see 282 more