Recipe by evelyn/athens
Just a simple recipe that tastes great.
Top Review by ellie_
Nicely flavored ice cream that I was able to reduce without any problems. I made a few subsitutions that may have caused the slightly grainy taste such as subsituting egg subsitute in place of the eggs and low fat condensed milk in place of regular.
- 2 lbs strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor blend the strawberries and lemon juice until mixture is almost smooth, but still slightly chunky.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with the sugar until thick and pale (no less than 10 minutes).
- Beat in condensed milk, half and half, vanilla and strawberry mixture and freeze in ice-cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.