1/1 Photo of Strawberry Heaven
This dessert is always the first to go at any gathering. It is light and refreshing and perfect during strawberry season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine in medium saucepan 1/2 cup of sugar, cornstarch, Jello, lemon juice, and water.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- 3Set aside to cool slightly.
- 4Stir in sliced strawberries.
- 5Tear angel food cake into 1 inch pieces and toss with 2 cups of the Cool Whip.
- 6Press into 9x13 inch pan (I use glass so you can see the pretty layers).
- 7Set aside.
- 8Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup remaining sugar, and vanilla in mixer bowl.
- 9Beat until smooth.
- 10Stir in remaining Cool Whip.
- 11Spread evenly over cake layer.
- 12Pour cooled strawberry mixture over cream cheese layer, spreading to cover cake evenly.
- 13Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- 14Note: You may substitute a 16 ounce bag of frozen whole strawberries, thawed and chopped, for the fresh strawberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Heaven
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.6
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 281.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g