This is a super cake, its both easy and fast to make. Great for large get- togethers!
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix or 1 small regular instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Mix the cake according to the package directions. Bake cake in a 9 X 13 inch pan. While hot poke with skewer or chopstick and pour pineapple with the juice over the cake.
- Mix the pudding, milk and cream cheese, beatnig until smooth. Spread over pineapple layer. Spread whipped topping over top. Sprinkle with the nuts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I actually made a Yellow cake... followed the directions with some changes. I chopped up a qt of strawberries, macerated them in sugar, lemon zest, little lemon juice. (while the cake was baking.) When the cake was done, I smothered the cake with the strawberries and juice. (Yum) Placed it in the refrigerator until the morning. I will add pudding/cream cheese mixture in the morning. Nothing better than Heavy whipping cream.... with the roasted Pecans on top. I am taking it to church....we will see what the verdict is on this cake.....Reply
I guess it's about personal taste, but I LOVE this dessert! This is a comfort food for me, I remember making this many years ago and it was addicting. I'd have a small piece of this chilled dessert on a warm day and had to have another, I couldn't get enough. Thanks for posting this forgotten recipe. Heavenly?Reply
see 10 more