- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 4 lbs lean ground beef (I buy a meatloaf mix)
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 8 ounces Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, beaten eggs, onion soup, herb stuffing mix, salt and pepper.
- Divide meat in half and shape into loaves.
- Place into meatloaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 1/2, until meat is well-browned.
- While meatloaf is baking, mix together ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour off fat before pouring sauce over meatloaf.
- Bake 30 minutes longer.
- This recipe can be cut in half or you can freeze the second meatloaf.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very simple to make. I used Stove Top stuffing because that is what I had on hand. French Onion soup was what the store had so I used that. I'll keep looking for the plain onion soup, buy it and the Pepperidge brand for next time I fix this. I was able to get 5 mini loaves out of this which I baked for 40 minutes in my Pampered Chef mini loave pan. Thank you for sharing Audrey.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of three and live in central Pennsylvania. My children were very active in after school activities and found we weren't spending anytime together at meal time. In 1998, I decided to start cooking my dinners in a crockpot so that we could have a home cooked meal together once everyone came home. My children now get so excited to see what we are having to eat and love the smell when they walk in the door. My family calls me the crock pot queen. LOL I use my crock pot everyday of the year. <br> <br>My three children are now in college and before they come home they request their favorite meal. I still continue to cook in the crock pot for my husband and I. It is nice after a long day to know your meal is ready. It also helps in keeping my grocery bill down. With zaar, I can print my shopping list and that is all I purchase is the ingredients on that list. <br> <br>Now, my two daughters have been crock pot cooking while in college. They find it is easy to cook for the themselves and their friends. It is an easy way to have friends over for dinner after classes <br> <br>I still love trying new recipes and purchasing cookbooks, especially crock pot cookbooks. <br> <br>Happy Cooking!