Recipe by Old widow
My sister loves this fudge and so do I. It reminds us of the fudge we would get at the Jersey Shore when we were girls. I started making it for Christmas about 3 years ago. I found the recipe in a Southern Living magazine and the strawberry marshmallow creme online.( I have never found it in a store.) This freezes well, I have made it without the pecans but I think it is better with them. Cooking time includes cooling time.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 12 ounces squares white chocolate
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar strawberry marshmallow creme
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9 inch square pan with foil, allowing foil to hang over edges, set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Continue to cook until mixture reaches 234 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Add white chocolate and marshmallow creme, stirring to combine. Add pecans and vanilla, stirring to combine. Pour into prepared pan.
- Cool for at least 4 hours.
- When set, pull up on excess foil to remove fudge from pan. Peel back foil. Cut into squares.