- Ready In:
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans or 1/4 cup walnuts
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a buttered 3-quart heavy sauce pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook without stirring until candy thermometer reaches 230°F.
- or until it makes a soft ball when tested in cold water.
- Remove from heat.
- Add margarine or butter and vanilla,Do not stir!
- Cool without stirring until outside of pan becomes lukewarm.
- Stir in nuts and beat until candy loses its gloss.
- Pour into 3 dozen paper bonbon cups.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this and took it to several holiday functions. Everyone liked it and many people asked for the recipe. I think I'm going to have to make it every Christmas from now on. I put it in an 8x8 pan to let cool, but it was a little flaky to cut, so the bonbon cups (as suggested) is probably better. It is very sweet, but yummy.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello,I collect old cookbooks,enjoy gardening,traveling and reading.I love to cook and bake!I've thought about opening my own bakery here in TN.That would be so fun!