Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Fresh strawberries are folded into the batter of this cream cheese pound cake. This is decadent!
- 3⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Mix together cream cheese, butter, and sugar in mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add salt and the butter flavoring, and beat the mixture well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Stir in the flour.
- Gradually add the sliced strawberries, gently folding them in after each addition.
- Spoon the batter into a greased and floured bundt cake pan and bake in a preheated 325° oven for 1 1/4 hours, until the cake begins to shrink from the sides of the pan or until cake tests done.
- Remove cake from oven and place on cooling racks for 15 minutes to cool.
- Gently remove cake from pan and allow to cool thoroughly on wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar to serve.
Awesome flavor. Buttery and full of flavor. Not too sweet either. Just remember this is a dense pound cake. Keeper.
This was very good. We served homemade strawberry ice cream with it and it was excellent. I did add more strawberries to the cake and it was great. Thanks for posting.
Excellent Butter Pound Cake. I made this last night and my family of four has eaten half the cake. I'm sure the rest won't last through tonight! The outside is slightly crunchy and the decadent inside is very moist and rich. I think I might add some rhubarb next time as well.