1/2 Photos of Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler
Modified recipe from ReadingEagle.com. Change it up and make it with peaches and blueberries!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- 2 quarts strawberries (capped and washed ~ cut large berries in half)
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel preferred, cut into small pieces)
- plain Greek yogurt (optional) or vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Pour melted butter into a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour directly over the butter in the baking dish, but do not stir.
- 4Add the strawberries, arranging in a single layer as much as possible.
- 5Sprinkle cream cheese pieces and optional walnuts over strawberries.
- 6Place in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling. (Crust rises up and around the fruit, but fruit will still peek out of top.).
- 7Serve hot out of the oven with choice of topping, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.1
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 328.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g