- Ready In:
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- In a 1 cup measure, put 3 (small-medium) whole strawberries in cup, pour milk to 3/4 cup line, add 1 tsp vanilla; Blend until smooth.
- Strain milk mixture to remove seeds.
- (I use the strawberries and milk so the girls would get excited about a pink cake!).
- Melt margarine in microwave (melt right in you 8x8" square glass baking dish).
- While margarine is melting, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt& cinnamon.
- Stir in milk mixture until combined.
- Pour batter over butter (I gently spread it out to the edges).
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or cool whip.
- Even great cool!
Join The Conversation
Great Recipe! I whipped it up quickly before dinner last night. I used 2 containers of strawberries cut in quarters and added a few dashes of cinnamon. The only change I made in prep was that I didn't put the strawberries in the milk or remove the seeds (but a great idea for making the cake pink!) The rest of the recipe is easy, fast and fun. It came out so delicious!
I purchased a large container of strawberries and found your lovely recipe to make for dessert. I mixed up the batter in the Vitamix and poured over the melted butter. For the sugar, I used 1/2 cup of Splenda and 1/4 cup sugar which worked very well and about 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. The cobbler was topped it off with whipped cream when serving. Thanks for sharing this recipe.