Fresh Strawberry Cobbler
photo by fluffystew
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, chilled
- Beat 1/4 cup softened butter at medium speed with an electric mixer; gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating well.
- Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine 1 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Arrange strawberries on top, cut side down.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar; cut in 1/4 cup chilled butter with pastry blender until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over strawberries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.