Recipe by PaulaG
I was looking for something to do with a strawberry cake mix that I had hanging around. I found these in a cookbook, Quick Fixes with Cake Mixes. As the into says "if you like cheescake or pastries with cheese filling, you'll really like these..."
- 1 (18 ounce) strawberry cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with vegetable spray or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix well.
- Press the mixture into bottom prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with remaining eggs and sugar until mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Pour the mixture over cake mix batter and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until light brown on top.
- Cool, cut into bars and enjoy.