Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very simple and very elegant. Not bad for the diet either!
- 1 pint strawberry, stemmed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons currant jelly or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened (or regular)
- 3 tablespoons skim milk or 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup light whipped topping (or regular)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In bowl, toss strawberries with jelly or sugar; cover and set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat cheese, milk, juice and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon 2 tbsp crumbs into each of four 8 to 10 ounce stemmed glasses; top each with about 1/4 cup of the strawberries, 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture, then the remaining crumbs and strawberries, dividing equally.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 6 hours.
Quick and easy to prepare. Tastes delicious. Generous servings. Changing the fruit adds variety. Can be served as one desert on a large platter. Great desert.
Scrumptious! And with such little trouble! I especially liked using currant jelly in this, not only for the added flavor, but also because I used frozen (and thawed, of course) berries and adding gelatine kept the juices from being too runny. I also used sugar and we still didn't find it too sweet.
My daughter summed up my review perfectly. She said this was heaven in a glass. Very easy to make and it comes together so quickly. Great for weeknights when you want something sweet, but don't have alot of time to spend making a dessert. I used sugar tonight, but would like to try it with the jelly next time. Thanks for sharing this recipe!