Filled Strawberry Cheesecakes
Based on a Martha Stewart Recipe, but I altered it (because I think this tastes better! haha) Bite size fresh strawberries filled with a sweet cream cheese mixture. I took these to a party and they were gone in minutes with tons of complements! :)
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (could also use vanilla extract)
- 1 quart size package of whole fresh strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- chocolate shavings, for decoration
- Use a melon baller to scoop out the green leafy top of the strawberries, and use a paring knife to cut off the bottoms of the strawberries so that they stand up.
- Sprinkle brown sugar into the hollowed out strawberries, and allow it to sit.
- Mix together the cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, and almond extract in a bowl. Vary the amount of sugar and almond extract to taste.
- Cut the corner off a ziplock bag, insert a piping tip, and fill with the cream cheese. Pipe the mixture into the strawberries. (or scoop it in there if you don't have decorating tips).
- If desired, sprinkle chocolate shavings on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I've been making cheesecake stuffed strawberries for a while now. Some of my ingredients are different. I don't use extracts. I use finely crushed Graham crackers. Plus, I sometimes coat mine in either dark, semisweet or milk chocolate, depending on the sweetness of the strawberries. I sometimes drizzle white chocolate as well. You can sprinkle nuts, sanding sugar, mini chocolate chips or colored sprinkles. I made a bunch and they didn't last but a day. They are great for parties, especially summer parties. I'm going to make them again for the 4th of July. I might have to make triple this time.4Replies 1
This is so easy and unbelievably good! The almond extract goes very well with the strawberries. I used leftover reduced fat cream cheese from another recipe, and grated sugar-free dark chocolate (because I didn't have regular chocolate), but it still tastes great! I will definitely make this again!Reply