Easy Strawberry Mousse Parfaits
- Ready In:
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- strawberry, whole (optional for garnish)
- mint, fresh (optional for garnish)
- Place 2 cups of sliced strawberries in a medium bowl. Stir in sugar and allow to macerate at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Take 1 cup of the strawberry mixture and puree in a blender. Then add cool whip and blend until thoroughly combined, smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the reserved strawberry mixture (including juice) evenly into the bottom of four tall parfait glasses. Then fill each parfait glass to the top with the "mousse".
- If desired, garnish with a whole strawberry and sprig of fresh mint.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My name is Rebecca, but my family and friends call me Becky. I am 33 years old and live in Rochester, New York, USA. I am a life-long resident of Western New York and can't say as I'd ever want to live anywhere else. I grew up on a small dairy farm in rural Western New York and love country living. Although my husband and I live in a suburb right now, we hope someday to move back to our roots and live a peaceful country life. <br /><br />My husband and I have been married for 10 years. We have a beautiful 5-year-old daughter and a 3-year-old son. I am amazed at how quickly our kids are growing and developing. I read a lot about and hold my own personal skepticism regarding the affects of additives such as preservatives, hormones, artificial colorings, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, allergens, etc. With the increasing number of children and adults with food allergies, I am suspicious that the last century of our nation's food industry improvements have contributed. I'm doing the best I can to protect my family from the risks, but it is difficult to avoid every additive. I have friends and family with food allergies and know how difficult it is to cope with food restrictions. I enjoy the challenge of cooking for those with food allergies but can't imagine making it an every-day affair.</p> 8727502"